LAUREL-RAIN'S PRESCRIPTION

WELCOME TO MY BLOG, WHERE BOOKISH DELIGHTS HOLD CENTER STAGE AND WHERE BOOKS HELP CHASE AWAY THE BLUES.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

DISCOVERING A NEW PERSPECTIVE

Sarah Nickerson's life as a mother of three and a high-powered executive has been one of endless to-do lists, conference calls at all hours of the day and night, and the peripatetic juggling act required to keep up with these numerous responsibilities.

Reading the first few chapters left me breathless with the anxiety of this kind of life, and I knew it was inevitable that everything would change. An accident did just that for Sarah, leaving her brain-injured with a condition known as Left Neglect. The injury in the right side of her brain left her unable to feel, see, or utilize her left side.

The rehabilitation center does not bring everything back to normal for her, so when she goes home, she must continue to learn. What Sarah discovers in the process, however, is that sometimes rediscovering how to see what is inaccessible to her helps her see everything around her and about her life in new ways.

How will Sarah's life change in unexpected and wonderful ways? Will her inability to do "normal" things bring her so much more in the process? And how will the accident and period of recovery strengthen relationships in new ways?

I could not help but feel connected to Sarah, her mother, her husband Bob and the children. Their issues and problems made this family seem like a part of my life. I thoroughly enjoyed Left Neglected and would recommend it for anyone who loves inspirational reads or for anyone who enjoys a good family story. Five stars.

8 comments:

  1. The story seems inspiring on how to live and lead a new life because of an accident that changed the former life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was definitely inspiring, Edgar. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Left Neglected too. I found Sarah's character a bit grating at first, but I understood that this was a book in emotional development. It was VERY inspiring and I can't wait until Genova comes out with a third book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read her book Love Anthony, Rachel, and it was awesome, too. I haven't yet read Still Alice.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adored this book :) Still Alice was even better, I hope you'll be able to read that one soon. I'm really looking forward to reading Love Anthony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hoping to read Still Alice soon, Jenn....I couldn't put Love Anthony or Left Neglected down. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to hear you liked this! I picked up a copy recently and added it next to Still Alice on my TBR shelf. I'm looking forward to getting to both of them soon. She sounds like a wonderful author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I need to read Still Alice...I started at the newest book and I'm moving back to the first one. Thanks for stopping by, Trish.

    ReplyDelete

If you're feeling blue, try my prescription and read, read, read!! And if you'd like to give this blog an award, thanks! But I prefer your comments....

Click to Buy Web of Tyranny

Click to Buy Miles to Go

CURRENTLY READING

Laurel-Rain's currently-reading book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Great Suspense!

TO READ

Laurel\-Rain's bookshelf: to-read

Mary Ann in Autumn: A Tales of the City NovelHanna's DaughtersMiss Hildreth Wore BrownElizabethSolomon's OakSolomon's Oak

More of Laurel-Rain's books »
Laurel-Rain's to-read book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

NETWORKED BLOGS ON FACEBOOK

MORE COLLECTIONS

MORE COLLECTIONS
CHECK THEM OUT!

Great Deals!