LAUREL-RAIN'S PRESCRIPTION

WELCOME TO MY BLOG, WHERE BOOKISH DELIGHTS HOLD CENTER STAGE AND WHERE BOOKS HELP CHASE AWAY THE BLUES.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

REFLECTIONS ON THIS BLOG'S LIFE -- MAY 3, 2012






Feeling nostalgic today, I tripped down memory lane via the posts I've written on this blog.

My very first one, RAINY DAY & MONDAY BLUES, launched the philosophy of this site.  On that day, August 16, 2009, I was preparing for vacation and planning my reading.  I was enjoying a Jennifer Weiner book, Best Friends Forever.

Ironically, I'm reading another book by Weiner this week:  a short story collection, The Guy Not Taken.

Did I plan to step back into my blogging past here at the same time that I'm reading another book by this author?  Does it mean something significant?

Probably not.  I guess that, no matter how many years go by, certain book and author favorites remain.  While I have definitely broadened my "genre" horizons since I began blogging, I've retained that core of book love for certain authors.

Now that doesn't mean that I'll always love certain authors, no matter how much time goes by.  There are other authors I once loved and now pass by because my tastes have changed that much.

Do you have authors you used to love but no longer even read?  Or if you do read them, you ask yourself why you do?

Okay...I didn't mean to stray from my main topic today, which is that looking back on the history of this blog, I have noticed a few things besides my gravitation to old favorites.  I have a lot of dead links to correct!  lol

Yes, back then, I had other blogs that are no more.  I changed my website.  I've changed the way I blog, too.  I used to do a lot of memes here, but now I don't.  Mostly I post memes on my WP sites, which you can find, along with all of my blogs, on a page of my Laurel-Rain Snow's Creations site (website).

I probably won't go back and correct ALL the dead links, as that would be SOOO time-consuming.  But whenever possible, I change the links to my website.

Changing websites—along with deleting and adding blogs—can be a tedious task.  I really didn't have a choice on the website, as the provider was changing things that didn't work for me.  

But that meant having to change links in a lot of places, as well as ordering new business cards.  Changing e-mail addresses also complicates things.  Life happens, though, and we move on the best way we can.

What, if anything, have you discovered while blogging that you do in a radically different way now?  Are there practices you no longer follow?  Has your blogging style changed markedly?  What has your blogging journey been like?



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're feeling blue, try my prescription and read, read, read!! And if you'd like to give this blog an award, thanks! But I prefer your comments....

Click to Buy Web of Tyranny

Click to Buy Miles to Go

CURRENTLY READING

Laurel-Rain's currently-reading book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Great Suspense!

TO READ

Laurel\-Rain's bookshelf: to-read

Mary Ann in Autumn: A Tales of the City NovelHanna's DaughtersMiss Hildreth Wore BrownElizabethSolomon's OakSolomon's Oak

More of Laurel-Rain's books »
Laurel-Rain's to-read book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

NETWORKED BLOGS ON FACEBOOK

MORE COLLECTIONS

MORE COLLECTIONS
CHECK THEM OUT!

Great Deals!