LAUREL-RAIN'S PRESCRIPTION

WELCOME TO MY BLOG, WHERE BOOKISH DELIGHTS HOLD CENTER STAGE AND WHERE BOOKS HELP CHASE AWAY THE BLUES.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

BOOKISH THOUGHTS -- GRATITUDE -- NOV. 19




In the past several days, I have been reminded of the blessings of the season.  Not only do I enjoy looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I also recall my firstborn child, born on November 17, 1966.  His birth that year also came on a Thursday, and he arrived a few months after my college graduation.

In celebration of his birth, and commemorating many pictorial moments since then, I wrote about him at my Thursday Potpourri post.

I also enjoy recalling my first love of books, instilled in me very early in life.  And my visits to the village library only reinforced that love.

Nowadays, as I blog and review my books on the various sites, I am happy that I can now revisit the bookish thoughts found in these reviews.

I've also been rereading my latest WIP, Interior Designs, and posted an excerpt from the prequel to this book—Embrace the Whirlwind—at my Creative Moments blog.

As for my reading, I recently finished a book I really enjoyed that is on blog tour.  My review for the book will be posted here on November 28, with a guest blog from the author on November 29.  Watch for my review and post of The Accidental Activist, by Alon Shalev.



I'd love to know about some of your bookish thoughts...or the things for which you're grateful.

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your review, Laurel. Our son's birthday is today, and although it came our Thanksgiving (Oct) I understand about gratitude and blessings.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, another Scorpio! Thanks for stopping by, Joylene...and happy birthday to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksiving-I hope that you are having a delightful day. It is 3 PM and I have just sat down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's kind of exhausting, just sitting down at 3 p.m.!

    Hope you finally got to relax, Esme. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely Thanksgiving tribute.

    ReplyDelete

If you're feeling blue, try my prescription and read, read, read!! And if you'd like to give this blog an award, thanks! But I prefer your comments....

Click to Buy Web of Tyranny

Click to Buy Miles to Go

CURRENTLY READING

Laurel-Rain's currently-reading book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Great Suspense!

TO READ

Laurel\-Rain's bookshelf: to-read

Mary Ann in Autumn: A Tales of the City NovelHanna's DaughtersMiss Hildreth Wore BrownElizabethSolomon's OakSolomon's Oak

More of Laurel-Rain's books »
Laurel-Rain's to-read book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

NETWORKED BLOGS ON FACEBOOK

MORE COLLECTIONS

MORE COLLECTIONS
CHECK THEM OUT!

Great Deals!