LAUREL-RAIN'S PRESCRIPTION

WELCOME TO MY BLOG, WHERE BOOKISH DELIGHTS HOLD CENTER STAGE AND WHERE BOOKS HELP CHASE AWAY THE BLUES.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

A WEEKEND OF READING -- READATHON MOMENTS






The buzz is contagious throughout the blogosphere.  It's Readathon weekend, and bloggers everywhere are participating.

Over at Book Journey, Sheila has a whole stack of books to read.  Others have demonstrated their commitment to reading by picking out stacks of books and even arranging their snacks.  The fewer interruptions the better!

So why am I still sitting over here, reading without commitment?  Am I afraid that I won't be able to read continuously, or am I just afraid of the commitment?

I certainly have a stack of books—next week's reading stack—and I even have one left over from this week that I need to read.



I have several books on my Old TBRs that I would like to read before the end of the year.  Mainly because of my vow to do that when I created my blog Curl up and Read two years ago today!

On that date, I had 166 books on those stacks.  Now I have 58 books.  Not a lot of progress for two years, you say?  Well, obviously I could have read them all, since my total books read last year was 143; and so far this year, I've read 141.

So how do I explain this?  Well, you see, there are my New TBRs!  The books I've received during the year, in the form of review books and books purchased.  

The only sane thing to do, of course, is keep old and new stacks separate.  Both on my blog and on my spreadsheets.

What are your stacks like right now?  And do you see the Readathon as an opportunity to make a dent?

Here's a picture of my Old TBRs, as of this month.


I probably won't make much of a dent in these this weekend, but I can work on it.  Hope you all have fun with whatever your goals are!

And remember:  My prescription for the blues is books, books, and more books!

4 comments:

  1. I know that the read-a-thon will not make a dent in my TBR pile as I have more fun cheering and particating in the mini-challenges and don't get much reading done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Nise...I think the fun is visiting other blogs, too.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find if I commit to reading I feel pressured. I want to read for relaxation and fun.

    Saying that, I do admire those who can find the time to do the read-a-thon.

    Have a good weekend

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I feel the same way, Carol. Which is why I do my "unofficial" readathons, visiting blogs and reading a lot. Without a commitment...or pressure.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

If you're feeling blue, try my prescription and read, read, read!! And if you'd like to give this blog an award, thanks! But I prefer your comments....

Click to Buy Web of Tyranny

Click to Buy Miles to Go

CURRENTLY READING

Laurel-Rain's currently-reading book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Great Suspense!

TO READ

Laurel\-Rain's bookshelf: to-read

Mary Ann in Autumn: A Tales of the City NovelHanna's DaughtersMiss Hildreth Wore BrownElizabethSolomon's OakSolomon's Oak

More of Laurel-Rain's books »
Laurel-Rain's to-read book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

NETWORKED BLOGS ON FACEBOOK

MORE COLLECTIONS

MORE COLLECTIONS
CHECK THEM OUT!

Great Deals!