LAUREL-RAIN'S PRESCRIPTION

WELCOME TO MY BLOG, WHERE BOOKISH DELIGHTS HOLD CENTER STAGE AND WHERE BOOKS HELP CHASE AWAY THE BLUES.

Friday, February 18, 2011

READING, SPARKY TREASURES, ETC. -- WEEKEND ADVENTURES


















Since it's Friday, we can expect good things ahead.  Weekends are noted for wonderful things...aren't they?

Yes, and perhaps no, too.  For example, maybe you are one of those individuals who has to play catch-up with errands and chores throughout the weekend.  If so, you may face the days ahead with a certain amount of dread.

Or...if, like me, you sometimes push those tasks aside for a weekday (I know, lucky freelance person!), you might enjoy some reading, writing, movie-going, etc.

I do have to visit the tax accountant today, which I am approaching with a certain amount of anxiety, as I have no idea what the results will be.  Some idea, but I've been unpleasantly surprised before.  


But I will try to be optimistic.  And if I'm not in too much distress afterwards, I plan to start reading some of my books.  I still have this one to finish....


Next week's reads will include this one, however, which I've excerpted on my Friday Memes post.





I also have some tempting books on "Sparky," my Kindle.  Remember how we had the "naming contest" awhile ago?  Well, here is one tempting read that's patiently waiting....


If you have an e-reader, do you ever wonder if those wonderful books will still be there when you get to them?  Or might they disappear one day...poof!  Off into the great unknown.

I have a basic mistrust of technology, even as I love its wonders and seeming magic.  What a quandary this presents for me...Alas.  So what are your thoughts about e-readers?  What happens when they're full?  Do books start disappearing, one by one?  Or maybe we just cannot add anymore books...yes, that's probably what will happen.  But then what???

Pondering moments on a Friday....


8 comments:

  1. I hope this weekend brings me back to health. I've had the flu for the past four days! Did get some books read though!

    Can't help with your Kindle question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope you feel better soon! The flu is a dastardly illness....

    Thanks for stopping by, Nise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that word tax just brings everyone out in a cold sweat.
    I do not envy you.

    Have a good weekend, Laurel-Rain

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, definitely, Carol...and now this morning, my stomach is having spasms from the nervousness...LOL

    I am about to call and reschedule, but I know I'd go through the same thing all over again at another time....

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the name of your Kindle! I named my Sony Reader 'Koobe' (ebook backwards)...LOL!

    Have a nice weekend! I get to go move more stuff from the old house...how fun, not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Koobe is a cool name...isn't it fun naming our toys?

    I hate moving and don't envy you the task. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't bring myself to purchase an e-reader. I still love the feel of a book.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I do, too, Ann...so even though I'll buy e-books, I won't stop getting the print ones...maybe just not as many...LOL

    ReplyDelete

If you're feeling blue, try my prescription and read, read, read!! And if you'd like to give this blog an award, thanks! But I prefer your comments....

Click to Buy Web of Tyranny

Click to Buy Miles to Go

CURRENTLY READING

Laurel-Rain's currently-reading book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Great Suspense!

TO READ

Laurel\-Rain's bookshelf: to-read

Mary Ann in Autumn: A Tales of the City NovelHanna's DaughtersMiss Hildreth Wore BrownElizabethSolomon's OakSolomon's Oak

More of Laurel-Rain's books »
Laurel-Rain's to-read book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

NETWORKED BLOGS ON FACEBOOK

MORE COLLECTIONS

MORE COLLECTIONS
CHECK THEM OUT!

Great Deals!