LAUREL-RAIN'S PRESCRIPTION

WELCOME TO MY BLOG, WHERE BOOKISH DELIGHTS HOLD CENTER STAGE AND WHERE BOOKS HELP CHASE AWAY THE BLUES.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

TUESDAY TEASERS



Tuesday Teasers is a meme hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading.

Just like you've probably already guessed, if you don't know already, our goal is to "tease" potential readers toward the book or books we're reading.

It's simple, really.  Just grab your current read, flip to a random page, and give us two sentences.  That's it!  However, no spoilers, please!

Then tell us the author and title of the book.

Afterwards, link back to Miz B's blog and go trolling around the Blogosphere to comment on all the other Teasers out there!

My teaser will be from the book pictured above, on the left:  Sara Paretsky's Hardball.

There Mr. Contreras was with Brian Krumas, on the front page of the ChicagoLand section.  Krumas, a lock of hair falling over his forehead a la Bobby Kennedy, had one hand on Mr. Contreras's shoulder, the other clutching Mr. Contreras's arm just behind the elbow, so that the camera's focus was on my neighbor's medals.

p. 130


Does that intrigue you just a little?  I know I was captivated by the images and eager to get to this part of the book.  I'm not quite there yet!

Join in the fun!


LAUREL-RAIN SNOW CREATIONS

8 comments:

  1. ooh--a la Bobby Kennedy--America's pretty boy. great tease. If you want to wander down my road I’m home.

    PS--I love your header with all those books with your name on the spine, what a thrill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummm - sounds like this book contains alot of fodder for the imagination... visualization!

    My teaser is up from How to Tame a Modern Rouge My tease is at http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes interesting teaser! I'll have to check back for your review.
    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am excited to find visitors.

    Kaye: thanks for wandering here and noticing my header! I'll come over to your "road" too.

    Sweet Zephyr: Thanks for stopping by and "visualizing" with me.

    Natalie: As always, good to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome tease from Hardball. That was such a great book. Thank you for taking time to visit my teaser today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jennifer. I love V. I. Warshawski...she really kicks butt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do you think about High on Arrival?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't really started it yet, but I listened to the interview on Oprah and think it will be an honest revelation.

    ReplyDelete

If you're feeling blue, try my prescription and read, read, read!! And if you'd like to give this blog an award, thanks! But I prefer your comments....

Click to Buy Web of Tyranny

Click to Buy Miles to Go

CURRENTLY READING

Laurel-Rain's currently-reading book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Great Suspense!

TO READ

Laurel\-Rain's bookshelf: to-read

Mary Ann in Autumn: A Tales of the City NovelHanna's DaughtersMiss Hildreth Wore BrownElizabethSolomon's OakSolomon's Oak

More of Laurel-Rain's books »
Laurel-Rain's to-read book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

NETWORKED BLOGS ON FACEBOOK

MORE COLLECTIONS

MORE COLLECTIONS
CHECK THEM OUT!

Great Deals!