LAUREL-RAIN'S PRESCRIPTION

WELCOME TO MY BLOG, WHERE BOOKISH DELIGHTS HOLD CENTER STAGE AND WHERE BOOKS HELP CHASE AWAY THE BLUES.

Monday, October 26, 2009

IT'S MONDAY! WHAT ARE YOU READING?












It's that time again!  I'm here, joining in with J. Kaye's Book Blog to talk about our reading week—the one we left behind, and the one coming up.


I'm finishing up Little Bird of Heaven, with the review going up later today.

Earlier in the week, I completed Sleeping Arrangements, with the full review on my newest blog, CURL UP AND READ, and a partial viewing here, linking to that review.

Now...for THIS week, I have some intriguing books to ponder.


Bird in Hand came to me via the Amazon Vine program, and I'm looking forward to it.   On the back fllap, we read:  "In Bird in Hand, Christina Baker Kline looks at marriage, at parents and children, pain and sorrow, and at all the questions that life asks us.."

And Barbara Taylor Bradford's Breaking the Rules promises to delight the reader.  "Following a terrible encounter in the quiet English countryside, a young woman flees to New York in search of a new life.  She adopts the initial M as her name, and reinventing herself, she embarks on a journey that will lead her to the catwalks of Paris, where she becomes the muse and star model to France's iconic designer Jean-Louis Tremont."

So I'd better get reading!

Stop by, leave a little note, and link back to your own reading list!


LAUREL-RAIN SNOW CREATIONS

8 comments:

  1. Bird in Hand sounds like a very moving read, I look forward to your thoughts on that one! Happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to your review of Little Bird of Heaven. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to read Bird in Hand and Breaking the Rules sounds good - I'll have to add that to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, Teddyree...I should have Bird in Hand posted later today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, Teddyree...I mean "Little Bird of Heaven" should be posted later today! I keep getting these "bird" books mixed up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by, Jennifer and Crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breaking the Rules sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you like Barbara Taylor Bradford. I never could get into her writing.

    ReplyDelete

If you're feeling blue, try my prescription and read, read, read!! And if you'd like to give this blog an award, thanks! But I prefer your comments....

Click to Buy Web of Tyranny

Click to Buy Miles to Go

CURRENTLY READING

Laurel-Rain's currently-reading book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Great Suspense!

TO READ

Laurel\-Rain's bookshelf: to-read

Mary Ann in Autumn: A Tales of the City NovelHanna's DaughtersMiss Hildreth Wore BrownElizabethSolomon's OakSolomon's Oak

More of Laurel-Rain's books »
Laurel-Rain's to-read book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

NETWORKED BLOGS ON FACEBOOK

MORE COLLECTIONS

MORE COLLECTIONS
CHECK THEM OUT!

Great Deals!